We are seeking a Compositing Supervisor for our expanding visual effects Compositing department. We are after a collaborative individual to head up a dynamic department that values both its creative edge and strong technical back bone.
They will be part of visual effects team that emphasizes team work, creativity and a dedication to quality.
· Continue the high standards of quality control with comp department output.
· Continue to establish efficient look development and template based compositing procedures.
· Aid in technical and creative solutions for shots both during production and in the planning of a show.
· Aid in the scheduling and bidding of shots and manage the department schedule.
· Aid in the interviewing, hiring and casting of crew.
· Be the primary intermediary with other department supervisors, vfx supervisors and production in regards to compositing issues.
· 5-7 years’ high level VFX experience.
· Strong communication skills. Ability to speak both technically and creatively.
· Expert level knowledge of compositing techniques including keying, plate integration, projections, environments, cg integration, filtering best practices, film and camera formats amongst others.
· Expert level knowledge of Nuke.
· Understanding of photography and composition.
· Understanding and proficiency in grading
· Good grasp of basic colour science, ACES and OCIO.
The following is required of all candidates:
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Proven strong technical and visual skills.
· Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.