Do you script and/or code in Python and interested in working with the Modelling, Environment, Rigging and Surfacing departments?
As an Asset Pipeline TD you will work collaboratively with Department Supervisors, Department TDs and R&D teams to ensure a common and standardised approach to the workflow, tool development and support.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for creative problem solving in relation to complex pipelines and assets, user support, environment and character pipeline development, environment shot assembly and technical direction.
- Take responsibility for the optimisation of the workflow of the department.
- Work closely with the Department Supervisor to research and develop department specific tools, maintain existing tools and plan for the future show/studio needs.
- Testing and validating new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Maya) and automated (Farm).
- Ensuring the department is technically well supported.
- Assist Artists with day to day issues and glitches and eventually escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable.
- Anticipate potential issues and create fixes before problems arise.
- Provide training to the artists for new tools.
- Contribute to the documentation of the Asset department’s technical platform.
- Long term planning for future projects
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ proven TD experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature.
- 3 + years’ experience using and troubleshooting in software packages such as Maya or Mari.
- Experience in Houdini considered a bonus.
- Experience with USD considered a bonus.
- Experience with a large facility pipeline.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Physics or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of source control systems, PyQt or other GUI toolkit.
- Knowledge of concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval
- The ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Programming experience in Python
- A focus on quality control and active artist support
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.