Are you an experienced character/creature modeller interested in working on a new Netflix animated film? Animal Logic is looking for modelling artists who will interpret a variety of media and concept art to create stylised, production ready 3D models.
What you’ll get to do:
- Interpret 2D designs and translate them into 3D space by utilizing software such as Maya, Z- Brush and Marvelous Designer, all while maintaining the original artistic intent.
- Produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form.
- Work within and produce topology, wire frames and turntables of character and/or creatures.
- Produce accurate UVs for models for use in downstream departments.
- Produce highly optimized meshes that can be rendered and displayed efficiently for downstream departments such as Rigging, Layout and Lighting.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
- Maintain good communication with the Model Lead.
What you bring:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with VFX/Animation software tools and processes for TV and/or animated feature films.
- 3+ years’ experience in modelling.
- Experience in modelling stylized creatures and characters.
- Proficiency with Maya and Z-Brush.
- Proficiency in character/creature modelling techniques and topology.
- Solid understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density.
- Solid understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models.
- Good understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work.
- Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within an animation environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Turntables, with wireframes, of character and creature models
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.