Are you a Senior Compositing Artist available now and interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?! The Compositing Artist will support the Lighting department with their compositing and stereo fixes as well as compositing individual shots if and as required. The artist will also facilitate shots through the Compositing and rendering pipeline. The Compositing Artist may also participate in Lighting and Look Development.
This position is a short-term contract.
What you’ll get to do:
- Compositing tasks include, 3D projection environment in Nuke, balancing and sometimes creating shadow elements, assisting in colour correction and background replacement (on live action shots), dust-busting, morphs, transitions, and a host of other 2D issues
- Take direction from the Compositing Lead to help realize the vision of the shots through the compositing and lighting team
- Responsible for working with the Compositing and Lighting Leads to assess, assign and monitor compositing needs
- Assist in the design and develop procedural and innovative tool sets, pipelines and techniques for the Compositors
- Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets on time and at a high level of quality
- Offer guidance and mentoring for junior and mid-level compositors
- Clearly communicate progress and issues to your assigned Lead
- Communicate the implications (schedule) of visual requirements
- Provide direct visual support/feedback to artists where required
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or escalating issues to the appropriate support TD
What you bring:
- 5 + years’ experience compositing on animated feature films or live action VFX projects
- Competencies in designing new/troubleshooting complex tools and workflows
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge and production experience in Nuke
- Must have strong knowledge of stereo compositing workflow and the compositing application interface(s)
- Experience and strong knowledge of CG material such as AOV’s and other components
- Must have strong aptitude for technical workflow challenges such as directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies, colour space(s), etc.
- Ability, skills and mindset to teach/ mentor co-workers
- Understand the visual requirements for the project, design procedures and techniques
- Nuke Python API knowledge a plus
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Excellent attention to detail and a keen, aesthetic eye
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and willingness to mentor
- Ability to take direction and implement briefs
- Strong understanding of adjacent crafts, such as Lighting
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.