Are you a Compositing Lead interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! The Composting Lead will lead a team of Compositing Artists, whilst working closely with the Lighting Supervisor. The Compositing Team will support the Lighting department with their compositing and stereo fixes as well as compositing individual shots if and as required.
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide leadership, direction and allocation of work to the artists within your team
- Take direction from the Lighting Supervisor to help realize the vision of the shots through the compositing and lighting team
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members and ensure they are properly supported and mentored
- Design and develop procedural and innovative tool sets, pipelines and techniques related to compositing for the Lighter artists and Compositors
- Compositing tasks include, 3D projection environment in Nuke, balancing and sometimes creating shadow elements, assisting in colour correction and background replacement, dust-busting, morphs, transitions, and a host of other 2D issues
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by leading development of new tools
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments and communicate with these departments as needed
- Understand the overall brief and goals of a project and communicate this clearly to each member of the team
- Prioritize and break down a project into organized parts
- Delegate work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
- Drive team reviews and, when appropriate, offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed shots
- Work with the Lighting Supervisor and the production team to prepare bids and pitches as required
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ compositing experience working on at least one feature animated film
- Proven leadership experience within feature animation or VFX
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Ability, skills and mindset to teach/mentor co-workers
- Competencies in designing new/troubleshooting complex tools and workflows
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge and production experience in Nuke
- Strong knowledge of stereo compositing workflow and the compositing application interface(s)
- Proven experience and knowledge and of CG material such as AOV’s and other components
- Strong aptitude for technical workflow challenges such as directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies, colour space(s), etc.
- Nuke Python API knowledge a plus
- Ability to work and lead collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Excellent attention to detail and a keen, ascetic eye
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and willingness to mentor
- Ability to take direction and implement briefs
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holidays Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.