Are you a Comp TD interested in joining some of the best artists in the world at our Sydney studio? Looking for an opportunity to further develop your profile as a Technical Director? If so, then this could be the role for you!
What you’ll get to do:
- Compositing pipeline trouble shooting.
- Artist support.
- Tool and pipeline development.
- Working closely with the Compositing and Software Development teams to ensure a standardised approach.
- Take on responsibility, get stuff done, and make our artists happy!
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated features.
- Proven TD experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films.
- Degree in Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Maths or Physics, or equivalent combination of education & work experience in animation/VFX.
- Thorough understanding of compositing.
- A comprehensive understanding of Nuke nodes and how they are used.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Nuke Python API.
- Familiarity with industry standard libraries and tools such as USD, QT, elastic, rez and git.
- Experience using and troubleshooting in Nuke.
- An ability to work in a challenging environment, possessing good communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a highly dynamic production environment and collaborate with artistic staff.
- An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of both off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools.
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines.
You might also have:
- Experience with colour pipelines using ACES/OCIO.
- Experience with other VFX packages a bonus such as Houdini or Maya.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.