Could you be the motivated Software Developer we are seeking to join our core R&D group, based in our Sydney studio? If so, you would help continue the evolution of our visual effects production tools and processes, especially in the areas of natural phenomena simulation, procedural geometry generation/amplification, and creature effects. The role will involve the development and support of tools and techniques in collaboration with our artistic staff.
You may have a background in film, animation, television, visualisation or games fields. An interest in mathematics and/or physics would be beneficial.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world
- Apply your technical skills to create new tools and techniques for simulating hair, fur and cloth
- Integrate those tools and techniques into both established and new artist workflows.
What you bring:
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in a related field
- Software development experience using C++/C++11 and Python
- Working knowledge of relevant applications such as Houdini, Maya, including their APIs
- Ability to develop tools and UIs for creative users
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently for some tasks
- Experience using software profiling and optimisation tools e.g. vtune, valgrind
- Mathematical skills and familiarity with algorithms for numerical simulation
- Working knowledge of other relevant APIs or extension languages, such as OpenGL, Bullet,
- OpenVDB, CUDA, Boost, TBB, Qt or PyQt
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Your resume/CV
- You may also give links to relevant websites that might demonstrate your work either as code or as a visual example of the results of your code.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.