Are you an experienced Development Lead who will provide leadership to our Animation & Rigging software development teams through specification, design, implementation and delivery of software and tools?!
The successful candidate will interact regularly with leadership in various production departments and will be directly involved in the development and maintenance of animation and rigging tools.
The Development Lead will be concerned with the overall planning and development processes, technical architecture and quality standards, in addition to hiring, career development, and coaching of team members.
What you’ll get to do:
- Manage teams of software developers contributing to animation and rigging tools for our animation pipeline.
- Liaise with vendors, technology providers, and partners that are directly connected to the systems and tools maintained by the development teams.
- Prototype and design relevant software systems.
- Contribute to design and oversee implementation of cross-project technical solutions.
- Work with program managers and technical leads to develop roadmaps and technical plans for projects or on-going development.
- Monitor status of development work and mitigate any deviations, where possible.
What you bring:
- A post-secondary qualification in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 2 years team leadership experience.
- At least 8 years development experience including exposure to:
– Software development in C++ and Python.
– Animation and rigging algorithms.
– C++ optimisation techniques.
- Exposure to OpenGL and GPU computing.
- Previous technical leadership and mentorship experience across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients.
- Successful delivery of team projects to a schedule.
- Previous experience gathering and documenting requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the current state of modern software development practices and issues.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.