Are you an experienced Development Lead who will provide leadership to one or more Java development teams through specification, design, implementation and delivery of software and tools?!
The successful candidate will interact regularly with technology departments, Leads in the various production departments and will be directly involved in the development and maintenance of production tracking and reporting systems; digital asset management systems; and database systems that play a key role in automating our production pipeline.
The Development Lead will be responsible for the overall planning and development processes, technical architecture and quality standards, in addition to hiring, career development and coaching of team members.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead teams of software developers contributing to production tracking and render farm management systems
- Liaise with vendors, technology providers, and partners that are directly connected to the systems and tools maintained by the development teams
- Prototype and design relevant software systems
- Contribute to design and oversee implementation of cross-project technical solutions
- Work with program managers and technical leads to develop roadmaps and technical plans for projects or ongoing development
- Monitor status of development work and mitigate any deviations, where possible
What you bring:
- A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science or related
- At least 2 years team leadership experience
- At least 8 years Java development experience including exposure to:
- Spring, JMS, Web Services, GWT
- Multi-site architectures
- AKKA and the Actor Model
- Agile methodologies
- Experience leading full-stack development teams and knowledge of modern frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Continuous integration/deployment
- Previous technical leadership and mentorship experience across multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
- Previous experience gathering and documenting requirements
- Successful delivery of team projects to a schedule
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- An understanding of the current state of modern software development practices and issues
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our our FAQ page.