Are you a talented Environment Artist who’d like to join our team to work on Peter Rabbit 2? You’ll be creating photo-realistic environments, elements and textures that match seamlessly into live action plates or stand on their own as Digital Matte Paintings. If this sounds like the job for you, please read on!
What you’ll get to do:
- Create complex realistic digital environments of a high standard for feature film, through the manipulation of photographic reference from sources such as live action plates and digital stills photography and the creation of digital matte painted and CG elements.
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews, and provide input into the procedures and techniques that will enable the visual requirements of the film to be met.
- Work collaboratively within a team to realise the director’s vision.
What you bring:
- At least 5 years experience creating photo-real environments for live action feature films.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop including file management (file format, bit depth, resolution) is essential.
- Practical experience of 2.5D projection within Nuke.
- A strong understanding and application of perspective and camera projection in the creation of 2.5D and 3D digital environments.
- A thorough understanding of lighting and colour.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to produce visual representations of intended outcomes.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Photogrammetry skills.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- A demo reel that showcases examples of your professional matte painting work.
- A resume.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.