Do you have experience providing technical support within a post-production environment? Interested in working with a vast and complex array of technologies for one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios? Read on to find out more!
We are looking for an Editorial Support Engineer to join our IT Support team in our LA office. The Editorial Support Engineer will install and configure systems related to Editorial, diagnose hardware and software faults as well as solve technical and application problems.
They will be the key point of escalation when issues arise with production, vendors, or our studio partners. They will also be a liaison (with regards to Editorial tech support) between all Animal Logic locations (Sydney, Vancouver & LA) and our studio partner’s Feature Post departments.
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide 1st/2nd level application support to the Editorial team
- Be the point of escalation and resolution for Editorial issues
- Oversee collaborative remote review workflows, including Clearview & Teradek workflows
- Work with production, the Head of IT and Global Systems Engineers to establish new security standards and practices for post-production teams across all sites
- Participate in, maintain, and synchronize multi-site production and operations workflows
- Manage helpdesk queues, supporting the LA office with technical issues
- Generate and maintain both internal and end user documentation, as required
- Enforce compliance with security policy
- Identify, coordinate, and implement software and hardware upgrades
- Test operating systems (preliminary and on-going) and software updates prior to pilot group testing
- Identify, test, and recommend new technology solutions tailored to client requirements, while adhering to security guidelines
- Provide development and testing feedback of in-house pipeline tools
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the technology standards, best practices, industry trends, emerging technologies and alternative vendors
- Understand current production technology capabilities and limitations in order to construct timely solutions and strategies to meet Production requirements
- Work with Systems Engineering (in Sydney & Vancouver) to monitor Hardware and Software trends/developments and test where appropriate
- Monitor and maintain the Avid Nexis storage system in conjunction with the System Engineers
- Attend and facilitate regular IT meetings with Sydney and Vancouver
- Assist with ADR set ups as needed
- Filter all purchase requests for Editorial & ADR related purchases
- Obtain quotes for inventory as required and conduct all activities with financial awareness and where relevant make recommendations for improvements to the group
- Manage vendors as required
What you bring:
- 2 + years’ experience working in an Editorial centric support role or generalize support engineering role
- Experience working with an IT support department is a plus
- Experience in the Entertainment or Media industry is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Engineering or similar) or equivalent professional experience
- Previous experience in technology related to media or post-production, file formats, compression technologies and transport systems
- Experience using one of the following, Linux, Windows and Mac OS X is required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Previous experience working with a global team across multiple time-zones is a bonus
- Knowledge of Avid Media Composer and sound engineering, a plus
- An understanding of Flix, Clearview or Teradek would be a plus
Please apply if you are eligible to work in the US.