Are you an FX Artist who has a good level of shot production experience and the ability to complete shots to a high quality? We have FX Artist roles available in July.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop and testing FX toolsets and/or pipeline methodologies pertaining to FX.
- Deliver shot FX to the highest standard.
- Provide multiple creative solutions as per the creative requirements of a sequence or shot.
- Communicate with the VFX supervisor and FX supervision team in dallies session, clearly describing the creative options, processes and potential issues
- Possess the ability to quickly create setups for simulation and procedural animation.
- Assist with the development of prototypes/examples that clearly demonstrate the creative requirements of the production then assist in the development and dissemination of workflows based on these examples.
- Identify problems, help debug issues and contribute to the improvement of the FX pipeline through clear communication.
- Senior Artists will mentor and advise character FX artists and leads in technical aspects of their role.
What you bring:
- 5 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3 + years’ experience in Houdini including usage of Vellum/Wire solvers
- RDB /Bullet solvers/grain solvers.
- Particles solvers.
- Flip Fluid solvers.
- Smoke and fire solvers.
- Procedural geometry solutions.
- Ability to develop complex rigid body, particle, smoke, cloth, wire and water simulations in Houdini.
- Experience developing procedural modeling and FX setups.
- Ability to create and manipulate basic shaders.
- Ability to develop FX techniques andsimulation rigs to achieve and optimize looks.
- Ability to create digital assets for other team members.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.