We are seeking an experienced program and personnel manager to grow and lead the global R&D team, enabling a team of highly skilled developers to innovate their approach to software development via a deep collaboration with creative staff, providing creative artists with the necessary production tools to achieve their creative goals.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
What you’ll do
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the global R&D department, driving departmental strategy and initiatives
- Lead a high functioning team, recruiting team members, professional development of engineers, including performance and salary reviews
- Collaborate with the CTO, Development Leads and Program Managers to ensure the department is aligned on vision and strategy, enabling the team to develop and deliver technical tools and pipeline that supports and extends the creative capability of the company
- With technical leadership, contribute to the definition and adherence to software best practices for the department
- Lead and facilitate effective agile practices including the adoption of new tools and technology within the department
- Work with the CTO and R&D technical management on overall department strategy and initiatives
- Lead the R&D program management effort including effective resource planning and ensuring successful completion of software projects
What you bring:
- At least 10 years’ experience with software development in a similar environment
- Experience leading large software development teams and at least 5 years of management experience with direct reports
- Experience with hiring and developing teams
- Experience with multi-site development teams and processes
- Experience with modern software development and program management methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.