40 – 50 hour week
Are you a charismatic, fun, approachable, and passionate individual who wants to exceed culinary expectations?! This is your opportunity to work in a unique environment and fast track your career.
What you’ll get to do:
You will become a valuable member of our catering team, assisting in delivering a professional service that meets our busy and ever changing production schedule requirements.
The role will report to the Catering Manager and require the ability to work in a fast paced and compact environment where menus change daily.
Our catering service includes a la carte, buffet & event catering for over 500 crew, having the ability to be organized & flexible is a must.
This role requires assisting across all areas within our catering service.
To be successful in the role you will need a good sense of humour, be well groomed, and be passionate about exceeding culinary expectations and playing a key role in our Kitchen Brigade – this is a unique opportunity to work in an interesting environment with interesting people, but it’s not for the faint hearted!
What you bring:
- A formal Commercial Cookery Certification
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a talented Chef de Partie or be a strong Demi Chef ready to take your next step
- Demonstrated performance in a hotel functions or event catering environment
- Strong skill base and experience in a la carte, banqueting and buffet food production
- Experience and capability to deliver on the expectations of consistently changing menus
- Possess great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills & flexibility to adapt to changes quickly
- Superior communication skills
- A working knowledge and understanding of food safety regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.