Are you a creative layout artist with experience who can help realise a director’s brief and cinematic vision? We have work on a variety of projects starting as soon as possible.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for helping establish the cinematic staging and camera positioning as guided by the brief.
- Ability to pose and/or roughly animate characters.
- Interpret story boards into motion within a 3d environment.
- Ability to work within a production schedule, delivering shots and/or sequences to the editorial department.
- Ability to provide the technical set-up of shots to departments further down the production pipeline (e.g. Animation).
- Be open to direction and have the ability to embrace change.
- Work within a team of layout artists under the supervision of a layout lead.
What you bring:
- A demonstrated strong understanding of staging, composition, camerawork and editing.
- Have previous experience working on a CG production.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Maya (knowledge of XSI a plus).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- Be willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and the project.
- Possess excellent organizational and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Display a strong reel that shows examples of work done in a 3d computer generated environment. Within the reel if possible it would be good to see examples of entire sequences, not just single clips. Where possible a storyboard animatic, followed by layout and then through to final finished sequences.
Due to the start time frame we encourage people who are Australian citizens/PR or who are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa to apply.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information on Working Holiday Visas or sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.