Are you a keen Mid-Level Java Developer, interested in joining a world class animation and visual FX studio?
The successful candidate will join our high-calibre team and help drive the evolution of our mission-critical systems. This challenging position requires you to solve complex problems using creative solutions and techniques while contributing to the overall delivery of an animated feature film!
What you’ll get to do:
- Work as part of a small international team that forms part of a larger group focused on satisfying the bespoke software requirements and support requests of the creative workflows.
- Interact regularly with artists and leads in production departments.
- Participate in the design and development of new features of production workflow & reporting systems.
- Work with contemporary frameworks like Spring Boot 2, Kubernetes, Apache Ignite, etc.
- Communicate with our creative customers.
- Assisting in the maintenance and release of production systems.
- Monitoring production systems and resolving any operational issues.
- Communicating status and resolution with clients who have varying levels of technical expertise.
- Maintaining support queue and managing multiple requests
What you bring:
- BSc in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3 years of commercial Java development experience.
- A good understanding of Data Models and Relational Databases.
- Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients.
- Previously contributed to robust and scalable systems.
- Good planning and estimating abilities.
- Good Core Java knowledge
And you might also have:
- Full-stack software development experience (with emphasis on back-end)
- Understanding of UI/UX principles.
- Experience building resilient and effective back-end services.
- Reactive Streams (WebFlux) experience is highly desirable.
- High Performance Computing/Tasks scheduling/multi-threaded applications development experience.
- RDBMS experience (Postgres, MySql, etc) – Modelling, writing queries, reverse-engineering.
- Messaging systems experience (like Kafka, Artemis or any other JMS broker), using them to build highly available distributed systems.
- In-Memory-Data-Grids and indexing (Ignite, Hazelcast, Lucene, ElasticSearch etc).
- Agile methodologies.
- Continuous integration/deployment.
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Your resume/CV.
- You may also give links to relevant websites, that might demonstrate your work either as code or as a visual example of the results of your code.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.