Are you a mid-level Support Engineer who has experience with AVID Nexis shared storage?
We are seeking a mid-level Support Engineer who will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s I.T systems and networks whilst providing efficient desktop/laptop support to all business users.
What you’ll get to do:
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems associated with digital production equipment workflows.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Ensure the reliable and efficient handling of video media and image data to meet the needs of staff and clients through all service areas (transfer, duplication, display, editing, archiving).
- Manage AVID Nexis shared storage.
- Assist in the maintenance of IT services to all Animal Logic staff, ensuring that they run effectively and issues are repaired.
- Respond to problems promptly, escalating issues where necessary to senior staff.
- Ensure effective performance of software packages throughout the company.
- Setting up and disabling users’ accounts and profiles.
- Responds to issues associated with production and IT infrastructure.
- Support overall technical goals in partnership with software, R&D and production groups.
- Communicate with the team and other departments for any IT support related issues.
- Sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions.
- Prepare equipment for deployment to client locations, including rebuilding, testing, cleaning and packing
- Provide support to external clients as required.
- Provides physical support for the movement of equipment and plant around the facility.
- Occasional after hours and weekend support available is also required.
What you bring:
- Proven experience in Editorial software such as AVID Media Composer
- Experience with AV Systems and connections, video conferencing systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and Thunderbird.
- Experience with Active Directory, IP telephone systems and financial systems support e.g. Great Plains
- Windows packaging and deployment experience.
- Experience with Linux (Centos or RHEL), Windows and MaOS operating systems.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience in supporting complex Networking environments.
- Demonstrated ability to identify faults and find solutions with IT equipment.
- Exposure to Adobe Creative Cloud and financial systems support.
- Strong sense of client service.
- Qualifications in Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering and/or Media Production.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to convert documentation to plain English.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes.
- Manual dexterity, you must be able to lift up to 18kg.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.