Are you an experienced Modelling Lead? We need you for our Netflix animated feature project that involves both complex characters and rich CG environment builds.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with a variety of departments, including Art, Rigging, Surfacing and RnD.
- Focus on the management of the Modelling team, establishing work-flow, ensuring quality, and communicating with Production.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Modelling tools and pipeline for this project and Animal Logic generally.
- Create the highest quality work for this project.
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience working on feature animation and/or feature VFX films.
- 2+ years’ working in a leadership role in Models for animated feature, VFX feature, or high-end TV series.
- Confidence and aptitude in assigning tasks, conducting daily reviews, and mentoring team members.
- A solid understanding of overall pipeline and processes involved in feature films.
- Experience with facial blend shapes.
- Experience with organic and hard-surface modelling.
- Experience with large and complex CG environments.
- Experience meeting the needs of rigging and surfacing, with respect to proper hierarchy, topology and UV layout.
- Production experience with Maya and ZBrush
- Experience with other software such as Marvelous Designer and Houdini is an advantage.
- A willingness to learn new modelling tools as needed by production.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong technical and visual skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Your personal portfolio/showreel should show examples of topology, turntables, and wireframes or you must be able to provide them on request.