Are you a Modelling Supervisor who’d like to work with us on a Netflix animated film? We are looking to fill this position very soon!
The Modelling Supervisor is the artistic and technical leader, who, in partnership with the Asset Department Supervisor, and the Performance Technology Team, is accountable for the technical and artistic outcomes of the modelling department on a single production.
The supervisor is accountable for the deliverables of the modelling department and participates in ensuring consistency of quality and look for a production.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with the Director and Supervisors to define, understand, and maintain the visual style of the film
- Partner with the Asset Department Supervisor, Supervising Art Director, Producers and Project Supervisors to bid the project
- Partner with Production Management to implement a schedule that ensures the department delivers on time, and to a high level of quality
- Oversee and lead the modelling team to achieve creative goals on time and to the highest quality
- Drive the team reviews and offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed shots
- Recruit, manage and mentor all artists in the modelling department, collaborating with Artist Management and Recruitment as required
- Supervise, define, implement and maintain, the techniques, tools and pipeline required to achieve the successful execution of the Modelling output for the film, communicating and collaborating with the relevant supervisors, R&D and the Performance Technology Team as necessary
- Collaborate with the CG and department supervisors to determine best-case approaches for each asset in the project
What you bring:
- 7 years’ + modelling experience in fully animated or hybrid feature films
- 2 years’ + experience in a supervisory role in fully animated or hybrid feature films An interest in pipeline, processes, tools and techniques with a high-level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and practices
- Expert-level experience with Maya modelling tools and with Zbrush
- Familiarity with Houdini, and Marvellous Designer, is desirable
- The ability to successfully lead a large team of modellers, motivating artists, providing feedback, and fostering a constructive team dynamic
- A strong artistic eye, a solid understanding of the technical requirements of modelling, good communication skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment, building relationships within and across departments