Are you a Digital Artist (Modelling) Supervisor interested in working on fully-animated and hybrid feature films? We are looking for a Modelling Supervisor position as we start to confirm our slate of projects.
What you’ll get to do:
- Partnering with the asset production team, art director, producers and project supervisors to bid each project
- Working closely with the R&D and TD teams to develop a project-appropriate pipeline and tools, using both commercial and proprietary software
- Collaborating with the CG and VFX supervisors and asset supervisor team to determine best-case approaches for each asset in the project
- Recruiting, managing and mentoring all artists in the modelling department
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in a supervisory or lead position on fully-animated or hybrid feature films
- An interest in pipeline, processes, tools and techniques with a high-level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and practices
- Expert-level experience with Maya modelling tools and with Zbrush; familiarity with Marvellous Designer, Reality Capture or other photogrammetry software will be helpful
- The ability to successfully lead a team of modellers, at a studio level, potentially across multiple, simultaneous feature film projects
- Experience creating state-of-the-art characters, props and environments, both realistic and stylized.
- A strong artistic eye, a solid understanding of the technical requirements of modelling, good communication skills, and excellent attention to detail
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- A demo reel showing examples of professional feature-film work that you have supervised
- Examples of personal modelling work that highlight your understanding of form, anatomy, and good topology
- Excellent references from former supervisors, producers, co-workers and/or team members
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information on Working Holiday Visas or sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.