Are you a motivated and creative Previz Artist who can create cinematic previsualisation of shots and sequences? This is for an upcoming live action feature film with a mix of digital characters.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work within a Previz team to help establish the cinematic staging and camera positioning as guided by the brief.
- Pose and/or roughly animate characters.
- Create shot elements such as basic props or environments.
- Interpret story boards into motion within a 3d environment.
- Work within a production schedule, delivering shots and/or sequences to the editorial department.
What you bring:
- 5 years minimum working on feature animation or VFX projects
- Experience in layout – preferably previsualization
- Experience in character animation
- Understanding of real world cameras, compostion, rigs and shooting environments for feature films.
- Advanced Maya skills. Modelling, basic texturing and rigging is a bonus.
- Experience setting a shot turn over pace that achieves a balance between meeting deadlines and matching quality expectations
- Candidates should understand storytelling, shot structure and cinematography, as well as have the ability to communicate positively and take direction.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- A reel that shows whole, or large parts, of sequences. This will help to demonstrate the ability to construct a sequence in terms of camera, framing and action.
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.