Are you a new graduate, or someone with a small amount of professional experience in digital production, that is aiming for a career in Matchmove, Layout or Animation? Rotomation can be a stepping stone to a career in those disciplines, and our Rotomation Course is a great way to get started.
Best of all, it’s free.
What is Rotomation ? 3D Rotomation, also known as body tracking, is the process in which an artist matches the movements and actions of a live action character in 3D space. This type of specific animation provides a realistic and accurate match to an actor’s performance. Being able to achieve this through the camera view, while maintaining correct spatial relationships, is a specialised and technical skill .
Our selection process is competitive as we want to make sure that this is the right direction for you, as much as we want you to be the right person for our training. This course is part of Animal Logic’s ‘Ready! Set! Go!’ Learning and Development Program. The course will be run in early April for two weeks.
The reason we run the training is that we will need a crew of Rotomation artists for our next show in 2019. Through the training we select the artists best suited to the work we have coming up and offer those people a position in the Rotomation team. Interested?
What you’ll get to do:
- Attend a two week course, full time, 5 days a week.
- Practice on real production shots (from old shows).
- Progress naturally with our Maya based training.
- Experience Rotomation training, learning how to animate 3D props and character rigs to match live action plates.
What you bring:
- Some knowledge of and experience using Maya.
- Some knowledge of animating in a 3D package (like Maya).
- A desire to learn and excel in the disciplines of Rotomation and Matchmove.
What you need to include in your application:
Please provide a resume, demo reel and shot breakdown. If possible we would to see the following on your reel:
- Animation examples with any software.
- Matchmove examples with any software.
- Examples of work created in Maya.
Whilst we conduct this training in preparation for upcoming projects, completing the training does not guarantee you a role on our next project and unfortunately we cannot guarantee when the next project will commence.
Please register your interest if you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident only.