Are you a pipeline TD who enjoys working with the Layout and Animation departments?
The Senior Performance TD will generally be responsible for varying levels of pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction, performance department’s tool development and mentoring other TDs.
What you’ll get to do:
- Test and validate new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Maya) and automated (Farm) within these production and farm environments.
- Responsible for creative problem solving in relation to complex pipelines and assets, user support, environment and character pipeline development, environment shot assembly and technical direction.
- Report on and communicate issues back to the Performance Departments and R&D. Track and resolve issues in partnership with R&D.
- Contribute to the documentation of the Performance department’s technical platform.
- Work closely with the Department Supervisors to research and develop department specific tools, maintain existing tools and plan for the future show/studio needs.
- Ensure the department is technically well supported.
- Liaise with the R&D team to ensure compliance with current internal best practices.
- Anticipate potential issues and create fixes before problems arise.
- Provide training to the artists for new tools.
- Take responsibility for the optimisation of the workflow of the department.
- Maintain existing tools and contribute in long term planning for future projects.
What you bring:
- 5 + years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature.
- Proven TD experience in large scale animated features, animated TV series and/or VFX feature films.
- Proven experience in senior/lead role.3 years minimum working on animated features or VFX projects
- Solid knowledge of Python, UI toolkits PyQt etc.
- Solid knowledge of Coding within DCC apps such as Maya, Houdini and Nuke using data models such as OM2 etc.
- Understanding of coding practices such as design patterns.
- Solid understanding of animation and layout techniques.
- Understanding of USD and its general concepts.
- The ability to code review and mentor other TDs in the team.
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving and finding solutions within the parameters you’re presented with.
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment; build relationships across departments, including global teams, and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines.
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills in both a technical and artistic manner.
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational and time management skills.
- An inquisitive mind with excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow through on suggested solutions.
- An ability to work in a collaborative environment, take direction and contribute to ensure that the highest creative standards are achieved.
- Programming experience in C++ and/or adegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics or equivalent will be considered a bonus.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.