Are you a Senior Concept Artist interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! The Concept Artist will work closely with the Production Designer and Art Director, to visually explore all aspects of the production. They will help define (for the client and the crew) the intended visual direction of an animated film.
The Concept Artist will be able to cover a range of specialist skills with a focus in environmental design. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Production Designer/Art Director and Artist Management.
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the project’s creative objectives
- Research and source as required any imagery to help with the production of the concept art
- Work closely with the Production Designer/Art Director to visually explore key moments of the production
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Understanding and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork
- Create high quality images to capture the mood, lighting and action of the written scenario
- Prepare for and participate in regular work in progress reviews, presentations and briefings from the director
- Prioritize and problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
- Provide leadership through example – has team spirit, highly motivated, takes initiative, is pro-active, and inspires the same in others
- Encourage and support development of respect, integrity and trust in team members
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience on feature films, TV series, or within the gaming industry
- Experience working in a CG pipeline and within a CG 3D environment
- Experience in painting environments with camera lensing in mind; solid perspective and sense of story-telling
- Experience painting in graphic, caricatured styles with a cinematic sensibility
- Skilled in producing quick sketch ideas and iterations
- Strong drawing skills that display a knowledge of perspective and design
- The ability to produce art work that can be translated easily by the 3D modelling department
- Excellent skills in Photoshop and Maya (or other equivalent 3D softwares)
- Experience using Illustrator and Zbrush are a bonus
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong creative capacity; able to innovate while keeping within a brief
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate the team
Due to security reason please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holidays Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ.