Are you a Senior Concept Artist interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! Working closely with the Production Designer and Art director the Concept Artist role is to visually explore all aspects of the production. To define for the client and the crew the intended visual direction required.
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the projects creative objectives
- Research and source as required any imagery to help with the production of the concept art
- Work closely with the Production Designer/Art Director to visually explore key moments of the production
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Understanding and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork
- Create high quality images to capture the mood, lighting and action of the written scenario
- Prepare for and participate in regular work in progress reviews, presentations and briefings from the director
- Prioritize and problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience on feature films or TV series
- Experience working in a CG pipeline and within a CG 3d environment
- Experience in painting environments with camera lensing in mind; solid perspective and sense of story-telling
- Good cinematic and graphic design sense
- Skilled in producing quick sketch ideas and iterations
- Excellent skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, Maya and Zbrush
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Due to security reason please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holidays Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ.