Are you a Senior Human Resources (HR) Manager who is interested in developing, implementing and managing the HR function and team in a dynamic VFX and Animation studio in Sydney?
A strong and practical knowledge of relevant Australian employment legislation will be the cornerstone of the role as you identify challenges, find solutions that reflect good commercial and creative practice to ultimately deliver HR initiatives that reinforce a positive workplace culture, or as we call it, The Animal Way!
The Senior HR Manager reports to the Head of Human Resources (based in Vancouver) and provides HR expertise to the broader Sydney studio to deliver best practice HR solutions.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead the HR function and team for the Sydney studio
- Manage HR operations, ensuring employment contracts are current and compliant, development of reporting and tracking procedures, compliance with Australian immigration and local HR legislation, ongoing analysis of relevant government incentives, management of benefits for employees, workers’ compensation and employee policies and procedures.
- Manage recruitment, training, performance management and talent management programs
- Actively partner with Sydney managers through operational planning, management of company guidelines and policies, project bids, planning and driving the Animal culture
- Promote well-being and create a safe workplace
- Work with Head of HR on employee engagement projects
- Develop and coach HR team members
- Conduct all activities with financial awareness, commerciality and accountability
- Demonstrate your ability to be collaborative, an effective decision maker, communicator, problem solver, as well as confidential and diplomatic.
What you bring:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a general Human Resources management role and management of a medium sized team
- Experience in general HR operations, recruitment and learning & development
- Experience working with an international and project based workforce
- Experience working within a complex organisation structure
- A deep understanding of Australian employment legislation
- A working knowledge of international employment legislation and Australian immigration requirements for temporary skilled workers
- Formal qualifications in Human Resources (ideal but not essential)
- Excellent communication, problem solving and influencing skills
There is no business like show business and this role isn’t for the faint hearted!
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.