Want to work with both highly creative and technical people, and enjoy movies?! We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who specialises in Networking to join our IT infrastructure team
As the Senior Systems Engineer – Network, you will be primarily responsible for the design, administration, maintenance and support of the availability, performance and security of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Wireless, PBX platform, core infrastructure services and Cloud.
You will also conduct network architecture design including feasibility and cost studies, ensure efficient utilization and management of network systems; and maximize business productivity by making core services powerful and flexible enough to meet changing production demands.
This role is not for the faint hearted! You will be working in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you’ll get to do:
- Plan and implement infrastructure resources to meet changing business requirements, with all appropriate documentation for support and user education.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of an effective and efficient production pipeline(s) in a segmented network environment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
- vSphere / VMware Horizon
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server,
- Active Directory
- Network Monitoring Systems
- Investigate issues, documenting the problem(s) and resolution(s), liaise with concerned parties for problem resolution, support issues and handling complaints.
- Initiate and maintain a high level of communication between the technical teams locally and across the various Animal Logic sites.
- Regularly contribute to the company’s knowledge base by creating and maintaining documentation on systems, procedures, processes, projects, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative, ownership and effective time management for project and oneself.
What you bring:
- 6 + years of intensive experience in a Network Engineer role or similar.
- Deep knowledge of and extensive practical experience in the following areas are desirable
- Network architecture design including network segmentation strategies
- Implementation, configuration and support for network equipment in Layers 1 to 7 (Brocade, HP) and physical infrastructure.
- Network protocols;, OSPF, BGP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, CIFS, NFS, SNMP, IKE/IPSec, RADIUS including use of and interaction with Active Directory.
- Deployment, configuration and management of secure wireless network and VoIP technologies.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of network security policies and devices (firewalls, WAF, SSL-VPN etc).
- Formal project management methodologies and managing complex streams in parallel.
- Ability to take on complex technical challenges, analyse options for technical/business suitability, and make recommendations to management with minimal supervision.
- Expertise in scripting (e.g. Python, shell, Powershell, etc.) for automation and management of architecture services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of segmented networks, securing applications, data and how to apply security principles effectively in a cloud environment.
- Ability to take a leadership role in infrastructure project management and implementation, ensuring technical quality and timeliness of delivery.
- Exhibit initiative to work solo or as part of team.
And you might also have:
- Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices.
- In depth understanding and experience in the design, implementation and sustainment requirements for Information Technology systems in general (e.g. RedHat / CentOS Linux, DNS, directory services, mail servers, web servers, etc.), accompanied by broad knowledge in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, networking, security etc.)
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft environment including common suites and core applications, Active Directory, file/folder permission and DFS.
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field.
Please include in your application:
- Cover letter
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.