Want to work with both highly creative and technical people, and enjoy movies?! We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who specialises in Windows infrastructure.
As the Senior Systems Engineer – Windows and Applications you are primarily responsible for the architecture, maintenance and optimisation of our Windows Infrastructure including multi-site Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, WSUS, Server and SOE deployment, End Point Protection and Encryption, MDM, VoIP, Intranet and Web Applications, IT Service Management, Cloud Services.
As part of the Systems Engineering team you will also design, implement, and support other areas of Animal Logic’s core infrastructure comprised of Unix, Linux and Windows services, heterogeneous desktop and server hardware architectures, and diverse storage systems.
You will also be required to serve on occasion in an IT project lead role for various Infrastructure implementation projects.
The role consists of project-based work and 2nd and 3rd level escalations from our Support Engineering team
This role is not for the faint hearted! You will be working in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you’ll get to do:
- Plan and implement infrastructure resources to meet changing business requirements, with all appropriate documentation for support and user education.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of an effective and efficient production pipeline(s) in a segmented network environment
- Implement methods, tools and techniques to improve the efficiency, security, and effectiveness of infrastructure services.
- Work with operational/management/production staff to devise best-practice solutions to meet company and production technical needs.
- Work with management to ensure that the agreed levels of information risk are understood and addressed.
- Comment and resolve requests for support received via escalation from the Support Engineering team, ensuring accuracy of information and problem resolution.
- Investigate issues, documenting the problem(s) and resolution(s), liaise with concerned parties for problem resolution, support issues and handling complaints.
- Adhere to escalation procedures to ensure that requests are either being met within agreed timeframes or that necessary actions are being taken to minimize variance from agreed service levels.
- Undertake networking system diagnosis, repairs, builds, maintenance, and software updates and installation as required.
What you bring:
- Six or more years of intensive experience in a Systems Engineering role or similar plus BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering or equivalent
- Exhibit initiative to work solo or as part of team.
- Significant experience with Windows operating systems scripting and troubleshooting as well as experience with user and security administration in the Windows environment
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory / GPO / DNS / DHCP / DFS / Authentication / Identity Management / Microsoft Exchange
- Experience in at least one or more other IT verticals, ideally certification in Microsoft Windows, Linux, Palo Alto Networks, VMware, Network Security, Cloud technologies, ITIL
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong hands-on technical abilities required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
Please include in your application:
- Cover letter
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.