Would you like to to join our global Pipeline team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver) responsible for creating software used by artists in various craft departments?! We are looking for an Application Developer to join our team in Sydney. Read on to find out more!
As a member of the team you will be building tools and interfaces, enabling asset flow, scene assembly and scene manipulation, to support and manage complex workflows in a highly iterative pipeline.
You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry and have an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew, and have demonstrated your capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Contribute to the development & maintenance of core tools and libraries
- Troubleshoot issues reported by production
- Develop an understanding of production requirements and workflows
- Communicate appropriately with technical and creative crew
What you bring:
- A third-level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Minimum 5 years experience in Software Development, preferably in VFX, Animation or Games
- Strong skills in Python, with C++ experience also valued
- Experience building both standalone applications and applications hosted inside DCC apps
- Experience designing and implementing APIs
- Familiarity with UI/UX patterns and approaches (e.g Events, Observers etc)
- Experience building User Interfaces using Qt/PyQt
- Familiarity with the APIs of industry standard applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc.
And you might also have:
- Experience with USD or other Scene/Renderer Description formats
- Experience with Configuration, Plugin Systems, Selection, Events and other aspects of Application Development
- Familiarity with Git and Github, Build, CI and Package Management systems
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture
- Performance Analysis, Debugging and Optimisation
- Multi-threaded programming
- Familiarity with industry-standard open source libraries such as Alembic, OpenImageIO, Boost, OpenEXR etc (see https://vfxplatform.com/)
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.