Would you like to work with a global Pipeline team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver) responsible for creating software used by artists in various craft departments across an animation and visual FX studio? Read on to find out more!
As a member of the team you will be building tools and interfaces, enabling asset flow, scene assembly and scene manipulation, to support and manage complex workflows in a highly iterative pipeline.
You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry and have an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew, and have demonstrated your capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Contribute to the development & maintenance of core tools and libraries.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by production.
- Develop an understanding of production requirements and workflows.
- Communicate appropriately with technical and creative crew.
What you bring:
- A third-level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Software Development, preferably in VFX, Animation or Games.
- Strong software design and engineering skills: familiarity with design patterns and their appropriate use.
- Strong skills in either C++ or Python, with a preference for both.
And you might also have:
- Experience with the APIs of industry standard applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc.
- Experience with USD or other Scene Description formats.
- Familiarity with Git and Github, various build and CI systems.
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture.
- Performance Analysis, Debugging and Optimisation.
- Multi-threaded/Concurrent systems.
- Design and Implementation of user-facing APIs and Graphical User Interfaces.
- Familiarity with libraries such as Alembic, OpenImageIO, Boost, OpenEXR, USD, Qt/PyQt.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.