Could you be the motivated Software Developer we are seeking to join our core R&D group? If so, you would help continue the evolution of our visual effects production tools and processes, especially in the areas of natural phenomena simulation, procedural geometry generation/amplification, and creature effects. The role will involve the development and support of tools and techniques in collaboration with our artistic staff.
You may have a background in film, animation, television, visualisation or games fields. An interest in mathematics and/or physics would be beneficial.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world
- Apply your technical skills to create new tools and techniques for simulating hair, fur and cloth
- Integrate those tools and techniques into both established and new artist workflows.
What you bring:
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in a related field
- Software development experience using C++/C++11 and Python
- Working knowledge of relevant applications such as Houdini and Maya, including their APIs
- Ability to develop tools and UIs for creative users
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently for some tasks
- Experience using software profiling and optimisation tools e.g. VTune, Valgrind
- Mathematical skills and familiarity with algorithms for numerical simulation
- Working knowledge of other relevant APIs or extension languages, such as OpenGL, Bullet, OpenVDB, CUDA, Boost, TBB, Qt or PyQt
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Your resume/CV
- You may also give links to relevant websites that might demonstrate your work either as code or as a visual example of the results of your code.