Would you like to join our global Pipeline team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver) responsible for creating software used by artists in various craft departments?! We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Sydney. As a member of the team, you will be working with Scene Description technologies like USD and integrating them into our tools and pipeline.
You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry and have an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew, and have demonstrated your capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Contribute to the development & maintenance of core tools and libraries
- Troubleshoot issues reported by production
- Develop an understanding of production requirements and workflows
- Communicate appropriately with technical and creative crew
What you bring:
- A third-level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Minimum 5 years experience in Software Development, preferably in VFX, Animation or Games
- Strong skills in C++ and ideally Python
- Familiarity with the APIs of industry standard applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc.
- Experience with USD or other Scene/Renderer Description formats
- Experience writing DCC app plugins such as translators, renderer integrations etc.
And you might also have:
- Familiarity with Git and Github, Build, CI and Package Management systems
- Familiarity with integrating Production Tracking, Asset Management, Render Farm and distributed processing systems
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture
- Performance Analysis, Debugging and Optimisation
- Experience writing Python Bindings for C++ Libraries
- Multi-threaded programming
- Familiarity with industry-standard open source libraries such as Alembic, OpenImageIO, Boost, OpenEXR. Qt/PyQt etc. (see https://vfxplatform.com/)
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.