Reports to: Technology Producer
Direct reports: 5-8
We are seeking a people focused manager with a strong technical background, to lead and supervise a customer focused Support Engineering team in a dynamic environment.
As the Support Engineering Supervisor you will strive to improve departmental service and performance, reduce costs through efficient utilisation and management of support systems; and maximise business productivity by having the responsiveness and flexibility necessary to meet changing production demands.
What you’ll get to do:
- Manage and monitor performance, quality, and completeness of work within the Systems Support Engineering Team to ensure that team goals for responsiveness, quality, and service levels are met or exceeded.
- Manage individuals in the Support Team to ensure overall team and individual performance levels, continue professional development, and address any issues with quality of work.
- Provide leadership through example; encourage and support development of respect, integrity and trust in team members.
- Monitor incoming requests, and delegate work efficiently to ensure successful completion of projects and tasks across crew members of all skill levels.
- Refine time management skills to consistently meet service level goals, and supervise time management across all Technical Support personnel.
- Provide first level of escalation for sensitive or technically difficult problems.
- Investigate issues, documenting the problem(s) and resolving when possible.
- Provide the critical customer service interface between IT operations and production staff including animators, compositors, coordinators & producers to meet daily support needs
- Participate in the recruiting and interview process for new employees as required.
- Provide management with reports on support team performance when requested.
- Ensure accuracy of hardware and software database information related to support calls.
- Effectively manage multiple activities/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced high-pressure environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
What you bring:
- Experience in team leadership essential, with a strong ability to coach support and develop team members
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role is preferable
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience is required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering
- Experience in Entertainment / Media is desirable
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system usage and support required. Experience in Macintosh and Linux support preferred.
- Strong understanding of desktop and server relationships and operating systems required.
- Working knowledge and previous experience in Active Directory, SSO, corporate security policy/administration and development
- Excellent communication, customer service and presentation skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and multitasking skills.
- Strong hands-on technical and problem-solving abilities
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.