Love movies? Want to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? Animal Logic is looking for a Systems Engineer – Networking to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (security, virtualization, Linux/Windows server environments, network, storage etc), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
The Networking role has primary ownership of the design, administration, maintenance and support of the availability, performance and security of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Wireless, PBX platform and core infrastructure services.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to use their networking experience to proactively problem solve and to guide other engineers in this domain. They will also have solid experience in other fields of systems engineering and be able to assist in these areas.
What you bring:
- In depth understanding and experience in network architecture design including network segmentation strategies, cloud connectivity and VoIP technologies
- Demonstrated experience with network services, routing and protocols: OSPF, BGP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, CIFS, NFS, SNMP, IKE/IPSec, RADIUS including use of and interaction with Active Directory
- Proven experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of network security policies and devices (next-gen firewalls, WAF, SSL-VPN, wireless networks etc)
- Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated SFIA skills
- Display Resilience and Courage: Level 2 (Intermediate)
- Deliver Results: Level 2 (Intermediate)
- Plan and Prioritise: Level 2 (Intermediate)
- Think and Solve Problems: Level 3 (Adept)
- Project Management: Level 3 (Adept)
- Demonstrated SFIA Levels of Responsibility
The following will be beneficial:
- Working experience with Palo Alto firewalls, Web Isolation engines, Dell Leaf/Spine architecture, Avaya IPOffice, F5 WAF
- Working experience in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, Network services and protocols, cloud connectivity and security, Linux and/or Windows server infrastructure, Active Directory, NAS storage, file systems, file/folder permissions, DFS)
- Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope
- Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
– RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
– VMWare vSphere and Horizon
– Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
– Network Monitoring and Centralized Logging
- Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables
- Providing input for the preparation of the department’s operational budgets for the fiscal year
- Sharing knowledge and providing best practices
- Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers
- Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions
Please include in your application:
- Cover letter
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.