Are you an excellent, proactive problem solver who is able to work through and assist with any technical issues that may arise within the Rigging team? Then you are our TA!
The Technical Assistant will help maintain consistency and ensure high quality deliveries from rigging to animation.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and user support within the Rigging software and proprietary tools.
- Assist with the QC process for rigs and collaborate with animation to bring our characters to life.
- Test and validate new releases of workflow tools with Maya and in the Farm environment.
- Assist Riggers with day to day issues and glitches, and escalate those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable.
- Assist with the technical workflow for the Rigging department.
- Communicate and promote repeatable, pipeline based workflows that ensure data security and efficiency throughout the whole production.
- Create and update documentation that supports the Rigging processes.
- Establish close partnership with Animation staff and other TD groups.
What you bring:
- 1+ years’ experience on an animated/VFX feature, TV commercials or animated series, working as a TA is desirable but not essential.
- Experience supporting artists in a production environment.
- Experience with Rigging methods is preferable.
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus.
- Experience using software packages applicable to Maya.
- Passion for animation, articulation and posing.
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving skills.
- An adaptable approach with the ability to balance your workload and the needs of artists, and production deadlines.
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas, and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner.
- Willing to learn and contribute to the success of the team and project.